Monday, July 11, 2011

Play Hard

This weekend I watched the women’s world cup soccer game between the USA and Brazil. It was amazing. I really mean that, I loved every minute of it. I was up out of my seat and screaming at the TV. I sat on the sofa on a gorgeous mid-morning while the sun was shining outside and I stared at a television rapt with awe. This is not normal behavior for Sarah. I am not a huge sports fan. I mean I am becoming one more and more each day because of the influence of one BF but I have yet to start watching it on my own. This is what made Saturday morning so bizarre. And there is something even more crazy. I watched the game twice. I watched it once live and then later some friends who had taped it were watching it and I watched it again. Who am I?

Last night I was talking to the BF and trying to sort out what made it so exhilarating for me. I came up with a few ideas. Firstly, it was the USA. I don’t have a team really. I like watching sports live and I will always pick a team to root for while watching a game but I have yet to buy the wallpaper for a particular team, except the USA. There is never any doubt that they are my team.

Secondly I have never been more impressed with the ability to soldier on than I was watching the US. They had so many things go wrong: a vindictive or just out of it referee, 10 players against 11, the fakest injury by the Brazil team I have ever seen, and the amazing skills of some really awesome players on the Brazil team.

The ladies of US soccer never gave up. They played with so much heart and so much gusto that I was literally blown out of my seat. When in your life have you ever come across some obstacles? When have you felt like life (or a rubbish ref) was out to get you? Today I feel like RA is out to get me. I hurt. I feel pushed down and exhausted. I can either give up and say, “F it! The ref gave me a red card, the game is over, how will I ever overcome that?” Or I can say, “Hell no RA, you will not take me down because I will never stop giving my all and I will never stop fighting to win!”

No matter how many fouls have been thrown your way, you still have the power to stay in the game if you give it your all and you never give up!

Be Good to your Body, it's where you Live

No comments:

Post a Comment